cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

"failed to open document" ProDesktop 8

ptc-4961019
1-Newbie

"failed to open document" ProDesktop 8

Hi all,

Mid way through the assembly process on a project, and I'm hitting some bugs.

One is a Failed to save error, I click save project, and a little box comes up saying "failed to save" or "failed to open document", i've not touched any other files, just 'new>add component" that kind of thing. I've even gone to the extent of trying to load old copies of the files I know I haven't touched, backups I've kept.

I've tried contatcing technical support but to no reply. Could anyone please help me out here because by the looks of things, i'm going to have to start again from scratch which would be tens of hours of work.

Thanks
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This may be an error linked to saving to a location with not enough space for the file. It makes the file unreadable and efforts in the past to recover affected files have been unsuccessful. If you use the advanced editor you will be able to upload the file and I'll see if I can open it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

This may be an error linked to saving to a location with not enough space for the file. It makes the file unreadable and efforts in the past to recover affected files have been unsuccessful. If you use the advanced editor you will be able to upload the file and I'll see if I can open it.

Top Tags