cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

revolve cut

LisaJ
1-Newbie

revolve cut

I'm trying to do a revolve cut and for some reason the cut button is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Do you have an axis to revolve about in the sketch?
Can you attach the file here?

If someone could figure out why I can't do a a revolve cut on this part that would be great.  It's for an involute gear.

Thanks.

It's always the same reason: Your existing revolve feature is done as a surface. So you can't remove material from a surface with a solid cut.

More interesting is the question: Why is your revolve feature a surface? It's because the sketch for your revolve feature has an open loop. It's pretty easy to see, because there are red points in your sketch (open ends) and the loop isn't shaded. If loops aren't closed, nearly every feature in PTC Creo makes a surface. So just close your loop and change your revolve feature back to solid creation (don't know how it's called, take a look at the picture, please).

solid.png

English is not my native language Smiley Very Happy

I couldn't do a revolve cut either in the student edition.  Not a good thing to have turned off.

Top Tags