cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

student help please?

ptc-5483051
1-Newbie

student help please?

Hi,

I just started Engineering Design course this semester and I'm trying to download Creo 2.0. The problem is, I have a Mac, does Creo 2.0 only run on Windows?

Thanks,

Sherry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sherry,

Our Creo and Mathcad products are only supported on Windows platforms. Because both tools are typically used by engineers, there currently isn’t enough demand to support the MAC operating system.

While this means that you will not be able to install directly on your machine it may be possible that you can run a dual boot with Windows (example: using bootcamp) or Windows in a virtual session (example: using Parallels) and then run the application.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey Sherry - I've moved this conversation to our community so that our team can assist you.

Thanks!

Hi Sherry,

Our Creo and Mathcad products are only supported on Windows platforms. Because both tools are typically used by engineers, there currently isn’t enough demand to support the MAC operating system.

While this means that you will not be able to install directly on your machine it may be possible that you can run a dual boot with Windows (example: using bootcamp) or Windows in a virtual session (example: using Parallels) and then run the application.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm trying to run Mathcad Prime 3.0 on the latest version of Parallels (10) and Win7 64-bit. This is all running in the latest OSX on a Mac Book Air that I got this month. The display is wonky. The window seems to have a hard time maximizing correctly. Do you have any tips on how to tune the VM or anything that might help?

Thanks,

Matt

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:mbotke)

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I don't know of any kind of tips to help you. Would you mind posting a screenshot of what's happening (if possible)?

Are other windows programs on parallels appear like that as well? If it's really affecting your ability to use Mathcad I might recommend using Parallels with the Windows desktop (instead of just running Mathcad in OSX embedded.

Top Tags