cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

uploading multiple files.doc

JoshH
3-Visitor

uploading multiple files.doc

This is a Microsoft Word document that shows how to upload multiple documents to your local workspace.  After reviewing the models, check in to your Project.

10 REPLIES 10
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:JoshH)

Updated the document to show that it is applicable only within the Pro/E internal browser.

Thank you very much for this incredibly helpful tip.

JoshH
3-Visitor

You're welcome Ryan!

Feel free to post any questions you may have in the future.

Joshua Houser,

I want to upload multiple documents on Windchill project (not CAD files).

May you please help me?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Vimlesh

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

There is an option in the Action menu under New labeled "New Multiple Documents". This is the best way to upload multiple documents to your Windchill team project using the browser. This action will open a file collection wizard for you to identify all the documents you'd like to upload at once.

Be sure to use the "New Local File" option in the document collector. This is the icon that looks like a document with a paper clip in the upper left corner.

I will be covering details on this and other Windchill related topics during ROBOTALK webcasts scheduled for November. Please check out the schedule and have your team join us

http://goo.gl/VPrt6

JoshH
3-Visitor

You beat me to it Scott!

I can however, add that the selection "New", "Upload Multiple Documents from Compressed Zip Files" can be a nice and possibly quicker, way to upload a bunch of documents.   You just have to zip them up first.

J.Reason
1-Newbie

I am attempting to do this, but the border.frm files already exist and ntohing will check in after they have been imported into my workspace. I am new to CAD data MGMT, not new to Windchill though. 

JoshH
3-Visitor

Hi Jonah, take a look at the icons in the row for "border.frm".  There should be an icon that looks like a little clock saying that it's "Out of date".  Use the check box to select the file and then in the toolbar above, select "Update" and deselect "Reuse".

J.Reason
1-Newbie

BINGO!

Thank you sir!  I knew it was going to be something simple.  I figured it had to do with the .frm files being in the system already as "templates" but being new, didn't know how to make them point there.  Thanks again! 

JoshH
3-Visitor

Top Tags