cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Copy and Paste, Drag and Drop Images Finally Here on the PTC Community!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Copy and Paste, Drag and Drop Images Finally Here on the PTC Community!

Hi, Everyone,

I am so excited to share with you that finally the PTC Community has the ability to copy/paste images from Microsoft Word and the Clipboard!  This should increase some efficiency on creating quick posts that have images.  Please take some time this week testing this out and let me know on our Community Feedback board what you think about this new functionality.

Some other community functionality updates can be found on our Welcome and How To Board.

Now just because I go to LiveWorx every year, and I want to meet some more community members in person! I want to encourage you to submit a proposal to speak at LiveWorx.

Why do it:  

A) You get to meet your PTC Community Manager in person 🙂

B) Approved Presenters receive: a complimentary 4-Day All-Access Pass, presenter coaching and industry leader recognition from your peers and colleagues.

The deadline for submission is TOMORROW, September 26th, but I bet the LiveWorx Content Team can help you out if you have questions about when or how to submit an abstract. Please contact content@liveworx.com. 

Or, just submit a proposal.  

Have a great PTC Community Day!

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Just testing

Though it did not seem to work.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I noticed it didn't work for me the other day too. I'm trying it again.

Doesn't seem to work

I'm using Chrome

The feature worked fine, but only for a short time.

A month ago Luc and I noticed that it  was broken and reported that per PM to @Jaime_Lee  and here also in the Feedback section:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Copy-amp-paste-pictures/m-p/632256#M882

Unfortunately we did not get any reaction so far.

As of today it got worse as I wasn't able to embed pictures at all. When I clicked on the photo icon ("Insert Photos") the windows freezed and nothing happend. I just gave it a try and this problem seemed to be resolved. But copy and paste still is not working.

EDIT: Too soon looked forward to

Embedding pics via the "Insert Photo" icon seemed to work in this forum and the Feedback section, to, but now once again NOT in the Mathcad section where I just tried without success.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E  Please see update on the Feedback Board.

There is a bug but other users are reporting Mathcad issue is now resolved.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Copy-amp-paste-pictures/m-p/644803/highlight/true#M911

Top Tags