cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Asking to select "Location"

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Asking to select "Location"

I started a new post in the PTC Community Feedback, but when I went to submit, it asked me to select a location. I expanded the PTC Community Information Center and there was able to pick PTC Community Feedback. Not sure why since I started there in the first place.

Dale_Rosema_0-1718725612895.png

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hi Dale,

If you are on a board and click the "Start a topic" button, that board should already be selected. In fact, you shouldn't even see a "Select Location" option. You should only be required to select a location if you are somewhere else on the community and use the "Start a topic" button in the header. You may have been one level up on the category page.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AndrewK)

Are there any time barriers since the last login that would do this also?

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

No I don't think so. It could be you were on a different page while still seemingly being on the Feedback board. For example, if you were on the feedback board and did a search on that board and then posted from the search page it would not realize where you came from and force you to choose a board. 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AndrewK)

I usually have multiple tabs open and do searches and such on different tabs. Fairly certain I was on the PTC Community Feedback board when this happened.

Top Tags