cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Community Search is a Sisyphean task

grinding-bot-00
5-Regular Member

Community Search is a Sisyphean task

Trying to search for "hide witness lines show arrows" returns results mostly centered around the word "with" - in 2022.

Googling "hide witness lines show arrows site:community.ptc.com" at least returns something relevant, even if not helpful.

Google is free - Creo costs me $3k a year - forgive me, but something doesn't add up here.

Sure you can "propose" changes - but PTC has never listened to anyone holding less than a few dozen seats and certainly doesn't care about anyone with only a handful - which seems to be much of the community. Maybe we'd be better served on stackexchange or something like that. I don't know the answer, but this community ain't it.

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:grinding-bot-00)

I agree on the capabilities of the search engine here.  Rarely are the results what I need and many of it's suggestions are just wacky:

TomU_0-1655201353908.png

For simple, common stuff it's fine, but to really find something it's much easier to just switch to Google and use the 'site:community.ptc.com' prefix instead.

Feel free to post a question about the "hide witness lines show arrows", might be as simple as RMB or maybe a needed drawing setup option!

No disagreement about the search.

The community is free also. You don't have to pay support to utilize the community.

Maybe you are referring to the knowledge base, https://www.ptc.com/en/support which has a lot of links back to the community but seems to do a better job with a search.

Top Tags