cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Different display of list of posts

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Different display of list of posts

How does it come that from time to time the last days we see the overview list of post in different looks. The new one would not be so bad if it would not waste that much space. Guess the number of posts visible at once could easily be tripled and the link to jump immediately  to the first unread message is a nice feature.

But, if  PTC is experimenting with different designs, why do you do it with the live forum?

See the attached pictures to see the difference.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

We were just talking about this yesterday here https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/New-Posts-mark-read-unread/td-p/498190

There are images of different browsers open at the same time with the 2 different layouts. It's very odd behavior.

wrote:

We were just talking about this yesterday here https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/New-Posts-mark-read-unread/td-p/498190

There are images of different browsers open at the same time with the 2 different layouts. It's very odd behavior.

Obviously I missed that thread as the subject was about read/unread messages.

In my case I always open the site with FF and sometimes I see the one, sometimes the other layout. Its crazy that Jaime seems to have no clue.

Thought it was them testing different layouts on the (still) living patient.

I also noticed that the order of the submenus in the awful "Browse" menu are changed nearly anytime i look at. Very annoying.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Ya, that thread evolved...

I use IE since most of my company specific applications work well on IE...except those that don't, then I use chrome...unless that one doesn't work, then I use Firefox...I sure am glad netscape and opera and ??? aren't still major browser players.

I'm not sure whether it's the fixes/upgrades for our specific community or if it just lithium in general but it is a moving target. You just expect the unexpected and the community delivers on that!

Top Tags