cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Editing a post not possible.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Editing a post not possible.

All of a sudden it seems that editing a post (immediately after submitting it) is no longer possible.

Bug or feature?

Luc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone,

You are now able to edit your own forum posts for up to 48 hours after posting. The ability to edit content in blogs is currently under discussion. 

Thanks,

PTCModerator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

Make sure you didn't get logged out. Seems to happen a lot now.

I was able to edit one this morning within a couple of minutes of posting. I'll try on this one too.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

I can't edit this one but I can edit one in another area. Seems somehow specific to where it is posted at. Hmmmm....

I noticed that a few days ago, too.

Its not sporadically - I am unable to edit my posts. Not a single one - I don't get the option to do so from the thre dot menu (whatever it may be called). Even soon after posting.

It sure has nothing to do with being logged out, but somehow the system seems to treat me like a guest and not like a registered user.

One more drawback of this new forum and it looks like the problems we have since the migration from Jive to Lithium don't get touched anymore (other then just verbally). Wonder if PTC staff is reluctant or just incapable to straighten things out. I have seldom seen such an unprofessional and dilettante approach.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Here you can see me, logged in, but no 'edit' on the menu:

LM_20171204_Editing.png

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Solved the puzzle.Smiley LOL

They've decided to give the discussion fora the same functionality as the Blogs.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Delete-blog/m-p/489703#M174220

Every improvement is a change. It's not the other way around!

Luc

Hello everyone,

You are now able to edit your own forum posts for up to 48 hours after posting. The ability to edit content in blogs is currently under discussion. 

Thanks,

PTCModerator

Thank you for the answer.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Could someone mark this topic as answered?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:STEVEG)

Top Tags