cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Email notifications not reliable

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Email notifications not reliable

I am not getting all the email notifications from topics I am subscribed to.

Specifically I am subscribed to the Creo modeling questions topic (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/bd-p/CreoModeling)

The post https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Slant-dimension-for-Creo-3-0-M120/m-p/486583#M112824 has had several response to it that I have not gotten email notifications. I have gotten notifications for the original post and the latest posts (as of now) but not some from yesterday.

I've gotten 5 notifications of replies but there are now 7 replies.

The way I use the forum, I depend on email notifications to work.

My company does have various spam filters and junk mail filters, I have checked them and no community emails being held up.

On occasion, notifications will be delayed and I understand that but this is just one specific example of many email notification delays that is making the forum hard to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stephen,

In your notification settings, you have subscription settings set to ignore posts you have already read. Could you have potentially read some of the posts in the thread you highlighted as they came in, while in the process of reading other posts? If this continues, please let us know. 

Thanks!

PTCModerator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Stephen,

In your notification settings, you have subscription settings set to ignore posts you have already read. Could you have potentially read some of the posts in the thread you highlighted as they came in, while in the process of reading other posts? If this continues, please let us know. 

Thanks!

PTCModerator

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PTCModerator)

I "believe" this was some temporary glitch lasting for a few days only.

Everything seems to be working reasonably now.

That is great news. Thanks for the update!

PTCModerator

Top Tags