cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Incorrectly placed posts - in the wrong forum

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Incorrectly placed posts - in the wrong forum

Unfortunately, it happens very often that new posts that have a "Creo Parametric related topic" are mistakenly posted in one of the "Creo Elements Direct" boards.

This is really annoying.
First you do the work to translate the content into your own language and then you notice it.

Ok.
But for many of these misplaced posts, you also don't realize that they are not meant for "Creo Elements Direct" because the info is too sparse.
If you then try to help, answer with some effort and only then realize by the reactions what is happening, it is frustrating and spoils the desire and the will to work actively to offer solutions.

What's about a security question.
"Are you sure that you are about to create a post in Creo Elements Direct?".

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:FriedhelmK)

Thanks @FriedhelmK your feedback is timely. We are currently working on messaging for the "Post Page". Later today we are adding the advisory message below to the eSupport help board. After that we are going to work on similar messaging for some of our support boards. So, we will definitely consider your feedback when crafting the messaging for the Creo Elements Direct boards.

AndrewK_0-1673962017745.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewK
Community Manager

Thanks @FriedhelmK your feedback is timely. We are currently working on messaging for the "Post Page". Later today we are adding the advisory message below to the eSupport help board. After that we are going to work on similar messaging for some of our support boards. So, we will definitely consider your feedback when crafting the messaging for the Creo Elements Direct boards.

AndrewK_0-1673962017745.png

Another useful improvement could be to remind users to add info about themselves to their signature, including where to find the signature.
Up until the time we covered the topic of misplaced posts, I didn't know this existed.
See my own updated one below as an example.
Have a great day and little trouble. 😎
Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
AndrewK
Community Manager

I had the same thought when we originally talked about the signature. I bet there are a lot of features even experienced community members aren't aware of. With that in mind we are thinking of adding a "Community Tips" message to the top of some pages. It could randomly display a short message about a community feature like the signature and link to a longer article explaining how to use it. We have something similar at the bottom of some of our emails.

AndrewK_1-1677157698814.png

This is still in the planning stages, but maybe look for this later this year.

Top Tags