cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

It sure did get quiet

StephenW
23-Emerald II

It sure did get quiet

Do I hear crickets chirping or is that my hearing aid???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

There is a little row of three dots on the type right corner of most pages.  Click on that and then choose "subscribe" if you want to automatically get emails.  You can also do this at the root of any topic. 

subscribe.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Well, as far as I can tell there's no way to subscriube to things, so I'm getting no emails.  Now, I'm sure that's not true, but in the little that I've looked around I can't figure it out.  I've poked through the settings twice and did not see it.  I also haven't seen a post showin how to do it. Also, the layout here is so different I'm finding it hard to find my way around.  So far, I'm not a fan of the new layout.  I'm wishing I would have had time to kick the tires earlier when the Community Champions got the sneak peak.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

There is a little row of three dots on the type right corner of most pages.  Click on that and then choose "subscribe" if you want to automatically get emails.  You can also do this at the root of any topic. 

subscribe.png

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom, I discovered the post showing that just a couple minutes ago.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Tmetcalf
Emeritus
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom - I am drafting a post about how to subscribe to content areas.

Toby

I'm sure a lot of this is me just adjusting from the old site but I'm finding the new layout a little dizzying and full of empty white space/supersized fonts. Any way to make the font smaller/reduce the empty whitespace? 

Other comments:

• The smaller buckets like Windchill admin were helpful.
  • Search function seems to be significantly slower than before
  • Search results are very spaced out.
  • In the previous PTC Community format, I was able to create a custom homepage filled with recent posts on locations/topics I was interested in. I would sign in occasionally and check the list/homepage. Can you do the same thing here? I don't really want subscribe to the current large catchall buckets and get emails all the time. 
  • Some useful content seems harder to find than before - Searching for 'mapkey' would've brought up my hopefully helpful post Mapkey Writing/Editing Tips in the top couple of results. Now it's on page 3 which is  less likely to help people. Any way to see page views? I'm less likely to write posts like this if I can't tell it's being looked at.

Thank you @lhoogeveen - yes, the font and white space feedback has been consistent - working on it.

I have posted here discussing the cataloging of content, my apologies.  I have tried to set up profiles with helpful widgets - I see the point about custom homepage.

I appreciate the feedback - more to come.

Best,

Toby

@lhoogeveen wrote:

I'm sure a lot of this is me just adjusting from the old site but I'm finding the new layout a little dizzying and full of empty white space/supersized fonts. Any way to make the font smaller/reduce the empty whitespace? 

Other comments:

• The smaller buckets like Windchill admin were helpful.
  • Search function seems to be significantly slower than before
  • Search results are very spaced out.
  • In the previous PTC Community format, I was able to create a custom homepage filled with recent posts on locations/topics I was interested in. I would sign in occasionally and check the list/homepage. Can you do the same thing here? I don't really want subscribe to the current large catchall buckets and get emails all the time. 
  • Some useful content seems harder to find than before - Searching for 'mapkey' would've brought up my hopefully helpful post Mapkey Writing/Editing Tips in the top couple of results. Now it's on page 3 which is  less likely to help people. Any way to see page views? I'm less likely to write posts like this if I can't tell it's being looked at.

Top Tags