cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Limited number of message can be sent?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Limited number of message can be sent?

I just got this error trying to send a second private message to someone? Anyone else ever see this?

Dale_Rosema_1-1622206294048.png

7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

After posting this, I went back and hit send, and it went through?

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

I will ask @AndrewK to look into this, but you should be able to send a private message up to 5 people.

I have done this without error.

Thank you for letting us know!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Maybe it's a permissions thing. You weald the power. By the way, this was different from the number of people. This was the number of messages sent. I had reached my limit during a certain duration?

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

I double checked, and Jaime-Lee is right. You should be able to send 5 private messages per minute. You should also be able to send a single private message to 6 recipients.

Were you cut off before that? If so, I can look into this further.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AndrewK)

As for the number of recipients, I replied to the other post on that.

I had hit send once or twice on the failed post before deleting every recipient but one. I then started another message to the other recipient when I was hit by the error message about the number of messages sent.

2 (maybe 3 fails)

1 success

1 errored out.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I've hit this too occasionally.  Just have to wait a few minutes and then try again.

AndrewK
Community Manager

I am guessing the failed messages were counted toward your total. I replied to your other post concerning the number of recipients, but that should be working now.
Top Tags