cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Make it possible to edit ideas posted on the forum

fredrik.tell
13-Aquamarine

Make it possible to edit ideas posted on the forum

What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Be able to add or correct information in the original post without re-posting that information as a comment. 

4 REPLIES 4

For a limited time you can edit/correct your post.

After that time, it would be better to add additional comments so that replies would not be taken wrong if someone edited the original or any subsequent posts.

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

To confirm @Dale_Rosema you can do that for 60 minutes following the publication moment. Indeed we need to preserve the integrity of a conversation / chain of comments.  

Olivier
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Sadly, I have had an experience where a post was edited in an effort to make my response look "poor" or to make the original poster look more intelligent or for some other unexpected reason...

I agree that this 60 minutes rule is not very clever and does not preserve the integrity of a conversation as @olivierlp  wrote.
It would be much better if a user would be allowed to edit a posting of him as long as nobody  has written an answer to his post (to his post, not in the thread elsewhere).
I would also suggest that a user should be able to withdraw a posting (deleting his posting) without having to ask a mod to do so as long as there is no answer to it.

Top Tags