cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PTC Community Document still possible?

LawrenceS
18-Opal

PTC Community Document still possible?

If we can still create Documents on this website can you let me know how?

Thanks, Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:LawrenceS)

@LawrenceS @TomU

Lithium has Tribal Knowledge Base which allows more collaboration and we are testing on our stage environment.

You will see this in 2019!

We just have some other items on our plate we need to focus on right now.

If you have a "document type" post that needs to be edited.  Please use "Notify Moderator" and we will coordinate the update with you. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Not possible.  Lithium (the platform this site is now hosted on) does not support them.  Sorry.

That's really too bad.  I liked that functionality but understand that it didn't really seem to be as widely used to its full potential.

Do you have any suggestions for something that has replaced it?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

For the normal (non-PTC) user, there is nothing you can create that will allow you to continue to edit and make changes indefinitely.  Posts are set to automatically lock after a certain amount of time.  You will probably need to use some other site/service (Google Docs, etc.) and then just link to it from here.  This forum simply isn't structured to allow collaboration and long term editing of shared documents.  Sorry. 

@TomU wrote:

This forum simply isn't structured to allow collaboration and long term editing of shared documents.  Sorry. 

This is unfortunate because this describes part of the purpose of this forum.  Unfortunate as it may be I guess we are stuck not being able to collaborate! 🙂

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@LawrenceS @TomU

Lithium has Tribal Knowledge Base which allows more collaboration and we are testing on our stage environment.

You will see this in 2019!

We just have some other items on our plate we need to focus on right now.

If you have a "document type" post that needs to be edited.  Please use "Notify Moderator" and we will coordinate the update with you. 

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Jaime_Lee)

This really is great news!

Top Tags