cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PTC community idea - be able to turn your own ideas into "current functionality"

Chris3
20-Turquoise

PTC community idea - be able to turn your own ideas into "current functionality"

Doesn't look like there is an idea space for the community as a whole so I am putting this here.

Sometimes I have a product idea that becomes current functionality despite it not getting a lot of votes and bubbling up to the top of the list (enough for a moderator to flag it as current functionality). For these cases it would be nice to be able to retire the idea or to flip the switch to "current functionality" if I know it has already been incorporated in a newer release.

To be clear the functionality would only be turned on for the original poster to retire his or her own idea.

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

If someone thinks an idea has been implemented, they can reply to the idea with some comment about it is current functionality and maybe send an email to the moderator.

I would suggest the following wording for the reply:

Current functionality discovered in Creo #.#.#.# by <your name>

That way if it was done in an earlier release a product manager or the moderator (or another user) can confirm that it is actually implemented.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

I have done that in some cases but they still are "active" ideas.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That is why I said to notify the Moderator. Hopefully the moderator can get the information to the product manager who can then officially mark the idea as implemented.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

I have tried that too without luck.

Seems like you have run into the same issue before:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/borrow-license-for-more-than-14-days/idc-p/554935/highlight/true#M9249

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@Chris3  @BenLoosli   Thank you for bringing up this topic!  I will be sure to ask the PMs the best way for them to go through the older idea!s and switch from "Acknowledge" to "Current Functionality!"  Please continue to leave the comment with the Creo Release #.  Then, always "Notify Moderator" and we will get in touch with the PM ton confirm and change the status.  

@Chris3 if you say you have done this (Notify Moderator) and nothing was done, I apologize.  If you want to go back and send me all the ideas you have run across that should be switched from "Acknowledge" or "New Idea" to Current Functionality.

Update:  Please only use Notify Moderator for ideas that should have been changed to "Current Functionality" and was missed with a roadmap release, if there is a community platform functionality issue, or if you notice a post (or poster) is issuing content that goes against our Community Terms of Service.  Other Product Roadmap statuses (Implementation in Progress, Future Consideration...etc) are for the PM only to decide.  Ideas are reviewed by the various product management teams on a quarterly basis.  

Probably, the best way to do this is to collect them all and send an email to community@ptc.com  

This way I can them all at once to the PM.  But, definitely going forward please use "Notify Moderator."  We will make sure the moderators are handling these requests more timely.

Top Tags