cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

PTC help pages and support articles badly viewable under Firefox (low contrast)

ssaul
15-Moonstone

PTC help pages and support articles badly viewable under Firefox (low contrast)

Hi,

the PTC help pages and support articles are badly viewable under Firefox (low contrast).

They are fine in Chrome.

Any ideas on how to change this?ptc_support_page_firefox.jpgptc_support_page_firefox2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ssaul, thanks for testing further, and sorry to hear this is still present for you (and some others). To stay in sync with you, I updated to Firefox 95.0 (64-Bit) but articles and the top left navigation still render in the correct colours for me.

Could you share what you see when you "Inspect" a field on an article. In the screenshot below, you can see I highlighted "Applies To" and see the CSS and details of fonts and colours under the "Computed" tab:

PeterCase_3-1639481893431.png

RGB value should read (91, 183, 59). If it's reading this information correctly from our side, then we need to focus on browser config. If the information it's reading is not the same as above, then we need to understand where / how that's being intercepted and changed.

I was able to reproduce the problem only by accessing about:preferences#content and updating the colours as shown below:

PeterCase_0-1639481120065.png

Default settings for these are something like:

PeterCase_1-1639481295431.png

Could you please compare / experiment with the settings here?  If nothing else, overriding with your own preferred colours for text, and visited / unvisited links should provide a workaround while we figure out the root cause.

Many thanks, and best regards,

Peter.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @ssaul , I also use Firefox as my main browser (build 94.0.2) and don't see this issue. Did you check # Settings # General # Language and Appearance, and ensure "Allow pages to use their own fonts.. " is checked. That way, you will be pulling the CSS from our site:

PeterCase_0-1638883927544.png

I'd also recommend clearing the cache and restarting, if this doesn't work first time.

Thanks,

Peter.

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:PeterCase)

Hi @PeterCase,

"Allow pages to use their own fonts.. " is checked here.

I also cleared the cache, disabled extensions and restarted - still the same (low contrast text).

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ssaul)

I have the same issue in Firefox (version 95.0, x64).

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:VladimirN)

Good to see that I'm not the only one with this problem.

What can we do to help you reproduce this?

Hi @ssaul, thanks for testing further, and sorry to hear this is still present for you (and some others). To stay in sync with you, I updated to Firefox 95.0 (64-Bit) but articles and the top left navigation still render in the correct colours for me.

Could you share what you see when you "Inspect" a field on an article. In the screenshot below, you can see I highlighted "Applies To" and see the CSS and details of fonts and colours under the "Computed" tab:

PeterCase_3-1639481893431.png

RGB value should read (91, 183, 59). If it's reading this information correctly from our side, then we need to focus on browser config. If the information it's reading is not the same as above, then we need to understand where / how that's being intercepted and changed.

I was able to reproduce the problem only by accessing about:preferences#content and updating the colours as shown below:

PeterCase_0-1639481120065.png

Default settings for these are something like:

PeterCase_1-1639481295431.png

Could you please compare / experiment with the settings here?  If nothing else, overriding with your own preferred colours for text, and visited / unvisited links should provide a workaround while we figure out the root cause.

Many thanks, and best regards,

Peter.

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Hi @PeterCase,

hmmm, is there something changed? Now articles also show correctly here:

integrity1.jpg

I would like to inspect other articles, but actually always get "something went wrong" when searching.

So I will retry the next day(s) and get back to you.

Hi Peter,

And what RGB settings do you have for the font under "Applies To"? 

Pic_1.png

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Hi @PeterCase , now I inspected a page:

"Applies To" RGB value reads (91, 183, 59).

ssaul_0-1639551113788.png

The settings for the font below "Applies To" are (112, 112, 112).

ssaul_1-1639551314860.png

But here the contrast is okay at the moment, so the settings should also be okay.

Top Tags