cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Product Ideas - ask about the idea beside all the other information

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Product Ideas - ask about the idea beside all the other information

When adding a product idea, it askes you for a series of questions about your industry and such.

It doesn't ask you what your product idea is, so are you supposed to hit enter and then a new screen pops up? 

Maybe add a last question to the list:

What is your product suggestion/idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)
olivierlp
Community Manager

The main reason is to fit the thought process of the product manager. Most users are very interested in stating something along the lines of "here is my solution". Product managers reaction is to try to go upstream and say "what is the problem you are trying to solve?". The detailed description of a problem is often missing. They prefer envisioning the solution from there. I have been in conversations where I would say "isn't the problem obvious here?" only to be explained the various interpretations that such inference can have... 

The list of questions has been elaborated with the product management teams and are a reflection of demanding process PMs have to go through internally to document each improvement.

Olivier
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:olivierlp)

This is the product ideas section of the community, not product problems section.  The user needs to clearly state what their idea is, and question number three does not clearly do that.  Usually the title contains the idea, but it should really be in the main post as well.  The idea should be at the top, before all the rest of the questions. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Kind of seems like question one should be, "What is your idea?"

Existing questions for reference:

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

4. What is the use case for your organization?

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Number 3 has a little to do with the product idea, but in the frustration of the other questions, I see that I missed it.

It also doesn't present the idea very well on the idea page either.

Product Idea.....

Supporting documentation....

Top Tags