cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Sticky post about how to append code to forum post

jensc
17-Peridot

Sticky post about how to append code to forum post

Hello,

I have noticed that often people rarely use the Insert/Edit code sample in the thingworx developer forum. Either do not know how to do it (or ignore it), so I was thinking that perhaps it would be good to put a sticky post letting forum users know that the functionality exist.

Or move the button from behind the three dots to the first "row" so it is easier to find.

Perhaps even change the icon to just say "code" or something.

Other possibility could perhaps be some type of automatic code detector(?), don't know how feasible that is though.

Regards,

Jens

1 REPLY 1
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:jensc)

Hi @jensc 

We thought moving the button to the first row was a great idea. We had it swapped with the "spoiler tag" button which isn't nearly as useful for this community.

AndrewK_1-1683718259059.png

However, I just noticed this change was only made for the editor on new posts. When you reply to a post the Insert code button is still in its original position and only visible after expanding the toolbar. I will have that editor updated as well. That change should be live later this week.

We are also in the planning stages of a "Community Tips" feature that would give brief descriptions and link to longer "how to" articles on various community features. We've discovered even many experienced community members aren't aware of some really useful features available on the community. This might be an ideal place to highlight the insert code feature on the editor.

Thanks for the feedback!

Top Tags