cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Bringing Large Assemblies Down to Size

AnnMcGrath
1-Newbie

Bringing Large Assemblies Down to Size

Space is a big place. When designing for space everything is big, complex, and it really is rocket science. The models used are large and can be detailed down to every bolt, requiring a lot of computer horsepower to keep up. This presentation will delve into some best practices NASA KSC – ESC has developed to improve performance when working with these large PTC Creo Parametric models. The presenter will also discuss many of the bad practices that make large models difficult to work with and why. Whether attendees are starting from scratch or working with fully developed models, there will be something to take away from this presentation.

Presented by: Steven LaPha, NASA KSC - ESC

UPDATE: Steven has been kind enough to share an updated version of his presentation with his notes from the presentation.

See all PTC Live Global 2015 - PTC Creo and CAD Presentations

7 REPLIES 7

A lot of what was covered in the pdf is not very useful without somebody to present it. A lot was left out or only explained in the videos which were not availiable.

The presenter Steven Lapha‌ is pretty active here on PTC Community‌ and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions or fill in any of the blanks.

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:AnnMcGrath)

I'll see if I have a good version of it with the notes. I have notes for some of the slides but not all of them. Though the video of the presentation was uploaded through here http://www.ptc.com/live-global/cad. You have to submit your info to get to all the ones they recoreded. If you have any further questions just let me know.

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:AnnMcGrath)

I uploaded a copy of the presentation with my notes. If there are no notes I typically just took my queues from the slide content and just reiterated what was shown.

great thanks!

Thanks a ton!

I have updated the presentation attached to this document with Steven's copy containing his notes.

Top Tags