cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Bursting Rules and Training

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Bursting Rules and Training

Hello,

I'm trying to recreate our parent company's approach to our PTC solution, however our communication with them is limited.

I want to mimic their approach and procedures so I can discover how to revamp and resuit for our needs and build our Windchill ditabase. This is a lot of work, but our parent company did not do things the out of the box approach, so it requires understanding and then tweaking.

We receive their XML files for our manuals, I have a copy of their custom folder, and received their bursting rules as well. When I try to burst a book from the map level, it comes back with an error saying, "Cannot modify the following attributes: lang, because they are not defined."

I'm still a novice, although I have gone through all the AE and WC PTC courses I can go through, but I'm not sure where to fix this issue. The attributes are defined in the bursting rules, I see language under the attribute root in the Type and Attribute Mgr in WC, and it is a valid element attribute in the dcf. Where else should I look or do? Also, aside from the bursting config explanation in the content management guide, where would you look for more info detailing bursting?

Thanks

Another question. I'm still relatively new to the PTC family, and I have gone through AE, WC and Styler courses from PTC and read through a lot of their manuals. Where would you look next for additional training and understanding? A lot of these courses teach basic application, but not understanding of what to do. I'm also not a programmer, but am learning to become one now for this project!

Thanks again!

1 REPLY 1

I'm still working on this issue, so input is appreciated. I'm currently past the lang issue, there was a problem in the profiling, and also there is an indeclared element in the book.

Now, I'm having an issue where the book partially loads in my workplace, but not in the library. All the files that do get uploaded are referred to as a "map" type, instead of Topic, Reference, etc. With that, the bursting does stop short because it is wanting to carry the revision levels from the book's original database. If I want the books to alll be saved as server objects with the new revisions of A.1, how do I accomplish this?

Thanks

Top Tags