cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC conference in 2022

ayap
6-Contributor

PTC conference in 2022

When is the PTC Conference in 2022.

I looked at liveworx.com and did not see it

But I did see that PTC?User is hosting one in Oct 2022.

So has PTC/User taken back the duty of hosting the conference from PTC then?

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ayap)

The PTC/User conference is set for October 4-6 in Orlando at Seaworld.

I do believe that the user group has always been 'involved' in the conference, just the administration was taken over by PTC when it was Liveworx. 

Speculation on my part that it may have to due with the contract PTC ha with the conference center in Boston that had a 5 year contract and Liveworx only ran there for 3 years, due to Covid restrictions. PTC, if they ran the conference may have been forced to go back to Boston. Boston is VERY expensive compared to Orlando. My estimate to management for this year was about 2/3 of the estimate for the last Boston conference.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Hi, @ayap 

There is no "LiveWorx Event" this year, but PTC/USER is hosting their annual User Meet Up at DoubleTree by Hilton in Orlando, Florida at Sea World ....etc. 

In addition to the vendor hall and user presentations, PTC Product Managers and the PTC UX Lab will also be attending.  It sounds like a great event.  The PTC Community Team will have a booth in the vendor hall as well!

PTCUSER2022_600x200-01 (003).png

PTC_USERconference.jpg

The event is currently advertised on PTC.com Events | PTC, but you can find out all the details and register by logging into the PTC/USER portal. 

Early Bird Pricing ends on May 1st so you will want to jump on it!

https://ptc_user.users.membersuite.com/events/7cc0362c-0078-caab-d948-e4f9d10b1038/details

Please reach out to PTC/USER for specific details or continue asking your questions here.  I am sure @RONWATSON @mkorch or @byork @DanGlenn 

or any of the other PTC/USER Board members will be happy to field questions 🙂

@Jaime_Lee, can you post the links to the android app? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen it anywhere yet. 

Thanks, Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LawrenceS)
TomU
23-Emerald IV

They are two completely separate events.  For many years the big summer event was run by PTC/USER.  Several years ago PTC took it over and it became what we know today as LiveWorx.  Much of the PTC/USER membership was unhappy with the direction PTC went with it after they took it over, so eventually PTC/USER started up a new event, similar to what existed previously, but in the winter.  PTC quickly realized there was value in their product managers attending and presenting at this PTC/USER hosted event, and their participation has steadily increased each year.  LiveWorx was switched to a virtual event when Covid hit, but I expect it will return at some point.  LiveWorx will continue to remain in Boston.

JohnWenner
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Does anyone from PTC know if LIVEWORX will happen in 2023?

jmcmanus
14-Alexandrite
(To:JohnWenner)

We are working on some things now and should be able to give a definite answer in the near future on what the plans will be for 2023. An announcement either way should coming very soon. Thanks for asking!

Top Tags