cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Purpose of PTC Community Networking Group

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Purpose of PTC Community Networking Group

Hi, Everyone,

We are aiming for a best in class Tech Support Community!  Effective December 16th, we will be moving all "non-product" specific group content (i.e.  RUG User Information) to this networking group. We will also be moving "out" any product "how to" type questions that belong on the general product boards for greater exposure.  Think of this more as a "lounge" area where you can share upcoming conference information or even reflections from participation in a conference.  I am researching best practices on "job seeker" posts in tech support communities, but for now enjoy this forum to connect with other professionals in your field.

2 REPLIES 2

For some background, this came about from the old, pre-Jive, PTCUser email exploder and was the only place where job postings and job seekers could post.  That was pretty much all that was done in this space.

I like the idea of a general space for non-software discussions maybe even an area for completely off-topic discussions.  We've developed a community here and being able to talk about other things is good, I think.  There was an area named "Etc" in the exploder for that and that's what the "PTC Cooler" board here (and on Jive) was for.  The PTC Cooler was too buried in Jive (and even more so here) to get much exposure so it didn't see many posts.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

A great example with "PTCooler" is a recent post got ~35-40 views. In the Jive days it received 300-400 views. Or, are the number that far down in those involved with "ptc community"?

Top Tags