cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

User Group Meeting In Chicago Area

DonPJensenJr
1-Newbie

User Group Meeting In Chicago Area

Are There Regional User Group meetings on a yearly basis for Creo?

6 REPLIES 6

At one time there was a large and active Chicago users group. Meetings were often hosted at Motorola and would have 100+ users. It seems this has disolved.

On the PTC user site there is a listing for Illinois RUG, but I have not seen any meetings in the past several years. If anyone else is aware of something let me know. I have seen that the Badgerland RUG in Wisconsin still seems active.

Some of the VARS are trying to take control and host. I attended one meeting hosted by Barry-Wehmiller, it was small but useful. You may want to contact them and see what is coming up.

I also went to a few of the Barry Wehmiller (BWIR) groups and agree that they had some good info in them, even though it was small. (Jenny Mills is who is organizing the groups aboput once every 4 months)

I went to a few at the CAD school Design Engine who was trying to revive the Chicago user group with the help of the envolvement of the old Chicago group president (or VP, don't remember) before it dissolved...I don't think they are still doing them though, although you could ask (http://design-engine.com/?s=user+group)

Perhaps the BWIR group will keep it up. It may take the combined efforts of different parties to do it though, since it seems to me to be a pretty big task for one company to do on their own.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

I started from ProE level I in Design Engine a few years ago, I love it and run well in my daily job. I appreiciate Barry's effort. I just wonder where are these ProE users?

Hi Don! I work for Barry-Wehmiller and have been organizing Creo User Groups in the Chicago area on a quarterly basis. If you send me an email with your contact information, I will be sure to send you an invite for our next event!

Best,

Jenny Mills

jenny.mills@bwir.com

Design Engine | Education is hosting regular Creo user group meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings are held after work typically last for two hours. Learn more by contacting us via our website or call us at 312.226.8339.

we are actualy doing an after work user group to discuss Creo Surfacing this Thursday night http://design-engine.com/afterburn-a-group-for-engineers-and-industrial-designers-in-chicago/

All are welcome but an RSVP is suggested so we know how much beer/food to get.  We are downtown Chicago in the west loop with all the cool new restaurants.

Top Tags