cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

A question about using mapkeys in Creo Parametric

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

A question about using mapkeys in Creo Parametric

We have just received an email from a user in the UK who had watched some tutorials on LearningExchange. Apart from his positive feedback regarding our tutorials, he has us a question about using mapkeys.

Since I know many of our Community members are real super-users and we would also like to encourage discussion about our tutorials here on PlanetPTC Community, I am posting the question below.

Please help answer Peter's question!

The 2 min videos are excellent!

A question re using mapkeys in Creo Parametric

I am trying to rebuild a number of mapkeys we had in WF3. In a number
of cases the mapkey sequence requires selecting an option from another
tab. This tends to leave the focus in the new tab not the one the user
was working in. Is there a way of storing information re the original
tab sot hat the mapkey can return the focus?

Thanks in advance!

Bettina

8 REPLIES 8

Did you receive a response to this? I am about to start the process of redo'ing mapkey in Creo?

Dale, nobody has posted a reply nor reached out to me directly. Do you need help with your mapkeys?

Bettina,

I have not done very many mapkeys, and am not sure how to update / create new mapkeys to make the leap from WF5/Creo to Creo 2.0.

Thanks,

Dale

Have you tried Tech Support for help?

Is there a quick video showing how to make MapKeys in either Creo or in WF5/Creo?

I searched on LearningExchange for "mapkey" - there are 3 short, free tutorials around mapkeys in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0. http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorials/search?product_id=&search=mapkey

I went through the video a couple of time and was ready to conquer this on Creo 2.0. The first thing to do when making a mapkey was to go to Tools and then Mapkeys. This command isn’t available in this configuration in Creo 2.0. I was following the Creating Mapkeys (the middle of the three) files linked from Learning exchange you listed.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi

Creo is ribbon based.

But all the options are not there in ribbon.

Search for mapkey in command search and you will find it.

Regards

K.Mahanta

Top Tags