cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Adding Material Properties

rjohnson-4
1-Newbie

Adding Material Properties

Is there an easy way to add other materials (like AL-7075) to the defaults the educational version of Creo provides?   We're hoping to get into Simulate this year so we need to make sure we have the right properties set.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nrensing
5-Regular Member
(To:rjohnson-4)

"File" tab -> "Prepare"->"Model Properties" gets you a dialog box that includes the option to set materials; I've only used that because I wanted densities in the model. And that's not all that valuable unless you get them all in, as well as the nuts, bolts, and brackets.

I also see the materials assignment under the "applications" tab - I click on "simulate" and get the materials related operations near the right end of the ribbon. The library of materials provided is very limited, although you do get the option to define your own material.

I'm running Creo 3.0 M070 Educational Premium.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nrensing
5-Regular Member

"File" tab -> "Prepare"->"Model Properties" gets you a dialog box that includes the option to set materials; I've only used that because I wanted densities in the model. And that's not all that valuable unless you get them all in, as well as the nuts, bolts, and brackets.

I also see the materials assignment under the "applications" tab - I click on "simulate" and get the materials related operations near the right end of the ribbon. The library of materials provided is very limited, although you do get the option to define your own material.

I'm running Creo 3.0 M070 Educational Premium.

smorris
5-Regular Member

I'll keep digging around to see what I can find. PTC does not provide many materials with Creo, leaving creation, maintenance and application up to the users.

Thanks.   The commercial forums sound like they just make copies of existing material files and edit with a text editor.   I guess I would then need to put this file in Windchill somewhere so other students could pull it into their local directory?

Top Tags