cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Adding New Users to Windchill

rjohnson-4
1-Newbie

Adding New Users to Windchill

I'm adding this year's crop of new members to Windchill and one of them is not showing up in the User search, while all of the others work fine.   He's had a PTC account for a while, so not sure what's going on with this one. 

Any suggestions?

Rande Johnson

FRC4931 Mentor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rjohnson-4)

Ask the student to sign into www.ptc.com with their PTC account to determine if it is still valid. If they cannot log in, there could be an issue with their account. If they can log in, things should work as expected. If they cannot, they should submit a support request on the Academic Support. If they are not showing up in the user search, try adding them using the email address option instead. That is what I always use.

Beware of the yahoo.com email addresses. Yahoo.com has not changed their policies and PTC accounts created with yahoo.com domains will not work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Ask the student to sign into www.ptc.com with their PTC account to determine if it is still valid. If they cannot log in, there could be an issue with their account. If they can log in, things should work as expected. If they cannot, they should submit a support request on the Academic Support. If they are not showing up in the user search, try adding them using the email address option instead. That is what I always use.

Beware of the yahoo.com email addresses. Yahoo.com has not changed their policies and PTC accounts created with yahoo.com domains will not work.

rjohnson-4
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

We were doing all those things, so we'll contact Academic Support.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

You can also send an email to - if you don't want to share the student's account details online.

Top Tags