cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Adjusting Model Sizes/Scale?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Adjusting Model Sizes/Scale?

Received this question from an FTC team that created their lift sub-assembly from all custom designed parts...

When they tried to then include the lift onto the robot, it turned out that the lift is much-much bigger in size than the robot... so somewhere we messed up the dimensions/scales...

What can we do now? Can we re-scale the lift? so we do not have to redraw every part?

I how can I make sure that the dimension/units for the tetrix parts are the same than the ones I use for the custom parts?

The image shows a tetrix flat bar next to the bottom of our lift...

scale.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Yes, sounds like you have mixed units in the models. To confirm, open one of you new models and check the units; File, Prepare, Model Properties and pick change for the Units.

Could be that your model is MM and the values were input as INCH or vice-versa. In either case, an easy fix, just change the units and chose the appropriate scaling method from the Changing Model Untis window.

units.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Yes, sounds like you have mixed units in the models. To confirm, open one of you new models and check the units; File, Prepare, Model Properties and pick change for the Units.

Could be that your model is MM and the values were input as INCH or vice-versa. In either case, an easy fix, just change the units and chose the appropriate scaling method from the Changing Model Untis window.

units.png

Top Tags