cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Andy Mark components in Pro/E?

JoshH
3-Visitor

Andy Mark components in Pro/E?

I just ran across an issue that has been common ever since PTC got involved, and I'm hoping to get it resolved for this season.

We usually have problems with Pro/E models of Andy Mark gear boxes, basically due to updates, or the simple fact that they are only available in neutral file format.

Are there any teams out there that have fully featured Pro/E gear boxes? Are your part numbers matching what is in the KOP, or what is in the AndyMark catalog?

Would it be beneficial for your team for analysis/weights/BOM information?

Thanks,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Josh,

Do you need fully featured models or accurate mass properties? We did not model these since there is such a low probability of changing them. We are in the process of renaming many of the comonents now (to match AM #'s) and assigning proper materials, weights and densities. The goal is to have them ready for kickoff with the new KOP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Josh,

Do you need fully featured models or accurate mass properties? We did not model these since there is such a low probability of changing them. We are in the process of renaming many of the comonents now (to match AM #'s) and assigning proper materials, weights and densities. The goal is to have them ready for kickoff with the new KOP.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:sm)

Thanks Scott, that's good information regarding the KOP!

I don't think fully-featured models are necessary for most stuff. Proper part numbers and names are very helpful. I think that is what we're missing most right now.

One thing I was thinking about is adding a vendor number parameter for parts. This may be helpful for the team to track parts, who they're buying them from and how to get more.

Hi Josh,

Which parts are you looking for modeled and fully featured?

I have a fully featured Pro/E for the AM Shifter Gen 1 and kit chassis (kit chassis is only 5 parts, so this one should be easy for teams to do on their own). I took AndyMark's .stp model and converted to english units, added mass properties, added color to the objects, and added assembly constraints. I hadn't set this up for mass consumption, but I can clean it up a bit and double check everything.

There is a big benefit for having all your models with the correct mass properties. The last two years we were able to estimate our robot weight using our model to within +/- 2 pounds (less than 2% error).

If this is desired, I could post them here, or possibly even give them to AndyMark to post up on his site, as I'm sure many teams have come looking for Pro/E native parts.

Rob

Thanks Robert!

I think that would be a great idea to send the models to AndyMark!

I know that we have some random models that have been fully featurized that we could share once they are reviewed.

It would be nice to have a place to share these models and perhaps some sort of method of verifying that they are correct.

Top Tags