cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CREO 3.0 installation doesn't boot after install

rlangkamp
3-Visitor

CREO 3.0 installation doesn't boot after install

This past weekend we updated all our laptops to CRE 3.0, all went well til we got to the last two laptops. We installed CReo 3.0 same as before on a laptop that was running Creo 2.0M120 , when we clicked the Creo 3.0 icon the time dial ran for a few seconds then nothing happened , tried again same thing , no error codes etc... , we thought 2.0 may have been interferring , we deleted all the PTC files and started over from scratch , Firewall and Antivirus were off.

Same issue we click the Creo 3.0 ICon and get a time dial for about 5 seconds then it stays on the desktop screen , no errors, no codes as to what happened , it just won't run, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , all other parts of install appear to go fine , IE getting a license, loading files, etc. no errors popped up. We did try reloading a third time with same results.

9 REPLIES 9
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rlangkamp)

If there is no graphical response from the Creo icon, try this instead. Open a Command Prompt (Win-R, cmd, OK). Type in the name of your Creo start command. If you don't know it, look in <creo_loadpoint>/M010/parametric/bin/ for your <creo_command>. If this was not added to your %PATH%, you will need to type in the full path to the command with "" if it contains a space.

If you type in the start command in the Command Prompt, you should see some text displayed in the Command Prompt while it is running. It should also generate a trail.txt file in the working directory or the folder you are starting creo from. Hopefully this will give you a little more insight into what's going wrong.

Did the same thing using command prompt ...........but I Figured it out , I'll post it here as maybe some other teams can use this . Even though our firewall was turned off there is a setting for wireless networks which allows only approved programs to work thru the network ( Home network and public network settings are different ) , it was set to allow Creo 2.0 but apparently not for PTC CREO 3.0 on the home networks , I changed these settings in the wireless network setup and everything works now , one more laptop to go before Kickoff ............

Scott, Hoping you'll still see this, I thought I had this fixed but as soon as I restarted the laptop it won't boot CREO 3.0 again, same issue , I get a time dial for about 5 seconds and nothing . I tried the command prompt , it does the same thing. I think it must be something with the firewall or not being able to access something on the internet when CREO boots ? any ideas ? I turned off the firewall but it still doesn't work , I'm stumped. Thank you .

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rlangkamp)

Creo does want to contact www.ptc.com when Creo starts for the quality agent, but it should not prohibit you from starting Creo if you dont have internet access.

This does sound like a network/firewall issue, but this not my area of expertise. You can also look at the trail file, assuming one was created, to see if there are any error msgs in it.

I am experiencing the same issue. I first uninstalled Creo 2.0, then installed 3.0.

When I am clicking the Creo Parametric icon the spinwheel cursor is shown for 5 seconds. then nothing.. Did any of you find a solution to this problem? i am using the student edition on Win7

We faced a similar problem with the normal commercial package of Creo 3.0 M030. We figured aot, that the file called "parametrci.exe" was missing after installing the software in the parametric/bin directory.

This only happens under 64 BIT OS / Installation under 32 BIT works as intended.

In the end we copied the parametric.exe from M020, which we had installed before to the M030 directory - it works for us.

Same issue with Creo Direct / Layout / Simulate of this build.

Can you please check this at your installation as well?

Can someone from PTC also check this?

Thanks in advance

Steffen

I'm dealing a similar issue, after installing CREO 3.0 the program can't be run because parametric.exe is missing. Since I'm not upgrading where can I find the file?

Thanks everybody

Luca

I placed it under:

aristos.de/downloads/Creo_3_parametric.zip

Please give me some feedback after downloading it, I would than delete it

Regards

Steffen

Thank you very much Steffen but it still doesn't work. I'll wait for an official troubleshooting guide.

Luca

Top Tags