cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

CREO 6.0 Student Edition Error installation

TA_10125603
4-Participant

CREO 6.0 Student Edition Error installation

I'm installing the PTC student edition.  The installation of the licence fails every time no matter what I try.   

I've cleared the license directory and tried again.

Over wifi (normal operation) I get the attached error.

If I disable the wifi and  install it over fixed cable connections it gives me a succes but when I run it it,says that there are no licenses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TA_10125603 wrote:

hello Martin,

Installed the license .again over fixed connection (had to change the netwerk adapter because it showed the max addres of the wifi.  Attached you'll find the license file and the ip.txt

Kind regards

Thomas

Hi,

both files are OK.

ip.txt tells me that Ethernet adapter with MAC address 50-9A-4C-BF-63-BD is running.

BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license - kopie.dat.txt contains license code generated for MAC address 50-9A-4C-BF-63-BD.

License file enables you to run Creo Parametric 6.0 ... license name = CREOPMA_Student6

Suggestion:

• save BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license - kopie.dat.txt as C:\PTC\my_Creo6_license.dat
  • edit parametric.psf file located in Creo_loadpoint\Creo 6.0\Parametric\bin directory
    • this file must contain following lines

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\PTC\my_Creo6_license.dat

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

You can read https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Licensing-Problem-with-Creo-6-Student-Version-License-request/m-p/653119 

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Have you followed this guide - "PTC Creo 6.0 - Student Edition - Quick Installation Guide"?

TA_10125603
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Yes I did.  Did it multiple times, always same result over the Wifi the error and over the ethernet connection a success but it doesn't work.

@Alex_Cazacu Could you please help with this?

Hi,

my suggestion:

• move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory to another one
  • disable the wifi and  install it over fixed cable connections
  • upload license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory ... I will check its contents for you

Open Command prompt window, launch ipconfig /all  > ip.txt command and upload ip.txt file  ... I will check its contents for you.

Martin Hanák

hello Martin,

Installed the license .again over fixed connection (had to change the netwerk adapter because it showed the max addres of the wifi.  Attached you'll find the license file and the ip.txt

Kind regards

Thomas

The license file got rejected ?

@TA_10125603 wrote:

hello Martin,

Kind regards

Thomas

Hi,

both files are OK.

ip.txt tells me that Ethernet adapter with MAC address 50-9A-4C-BF-63-BD is running.

BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license - kopie.dat.txt contains license code generated for MAC address 50-9A-4C-BF-63-BD.

License file enables you to run Creo Parametric 6.0 ... license name = CREOPMA_Student6

Suggestion:

• save BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license - kopie.dat.txt as C:\PTC\my_Creo6_license.dat
  • edit parametric.psf file located in Creo_loadpoint\Creo 6.0\Parametric\bin directory
    • this file must contain following lines

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\PTC\my_Creo6_license.dat

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

You can read https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Licensing-Problem-with-Creo-6-Student-Version-License-request/m-p/653119 

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Fixing the .psf file fixes the problem.  Thx.

Kind regards,

Thomas

The license file got rejected in the virus scan. I think wrong extension.  Changed it to .txt

Top Tags