cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can I disable the browser on start-up?

ptc-2020761
1-Newbie

Can I disable the browser on start-up?

I am using a net control software in my school, and when I have blocked internet access, the students cannot start ProE WF4. There is a script error when the browser initilizes on start-up. Can I disable the automatic connection to the ProE website?
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Wayne, You are not able to disable the web browser. Besides being a browser, it is used for other things inside Pro/E...from showing folder content to model information. What I would suggest is that you set a new config.pro option to have the home page shown in the browser when Pro/E comes up....point to an internal page at the school. With Pro/E open, click Tools > Options. Enter web_browser_homepage in the option field at the bottom of the page. For the value, enter the URL for the internal page. Click Add and then APPLY. Close the dialog and then restart Pro/E. You would have to do this on each machine or copy the confor.pro file from that machine to the others. The file can be found in <installation directory>/text Hope this helps. Mark

Could this be done from the beginning, when a school decides to adopt the program and roll out the installation on a batch of computers for the first time? We could be talking of maybe 100 machines, which must necessarily be cut of from the internet at exam times but might still need to run Pro/Engineer, so you could just as well prepare for that from the beginning, instead of having to change installation on each individual computer afterwards?

Hi Erik, This is controlled in the config.pro file that is located in c:\program files\proengineer schools edition\text folder. You can change one and then copy the file to the other machines. This will set it for them. Thanks, Mark
Top Tags