cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't create new NC Assembly on Manufacturing

ptc-3768207
1-Newbie

Can't create new NC Assembly on Manufacturing

I'm trying to create a new NC assembly but after trying to create the new file the software does nothing. I tried opening Expert Machinist and that one opens and works, but the NC Assembly option for Manufacturing does nothing, it just stays in the same screen as when you open CREO. Any suggestion? My version is student free version, I really dont know if that could be a limitation in the software or if it should be working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3768207)

Hi,

As you stated, the issue is that you are using the student edition of PTC Creo. In the student edition, certain features are disabled including NC Assembly. As you stated before there is a lite version of Expert Machinist that is available.

If you're interested, the academic edition is available here: http://store.ptc.com/store/ptc/DisplayHomePage/

Please let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3768207)

Hi,

As you stated, the issue is that you are using the student edition of PTC Creo. In the student edition, certain features are disabled including NC Assembly. As you stated before there is a lite version of Expert Machinist that is available.

If you're interested, the academic edition is available here: http://store.ptc.com/store/ptc/DisplayHomePage/

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Mark,

I have same problem and I don't work with student version.

I try to know the best way to create NC file to use in a hass mill.

What about Expert machinist option?

It's possible to create G-Code for hass machine?

Thanks for your quick response.

Ricardo R.

Khoa
1-Newbie
(To:MarkCheli)

Hi sir, 

I stucked on these problems as well and i've decided to download the other version but it seems like my student version is not completely deleted (after finishing the new version installation, student version still apply on my laptop). Would you give me an advice to solve this? 

Many thanks.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Khoa)

Hi,

lisense file containing Student license is located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. To be able to create new NC Assembly on Manufacturing, you have to ask CAD admin at your school to provide you Academic license instead of Student one.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags