cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can't download Creo 3.0: 'Pending Prerequisite'

dcirtina
1-Newbie

Can't download Creo 3.0: 'Pending Prerequisite'

When I try to download Creo 3.0 or even 2.0, some of the files download however most of them get stuck at 'Pending prerequisite' and don't download! Does anyone have a fix? I have tried running 'setup.exe' as administrator but nothing changes.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny,

Make sure that the download is complete before installing. What link did you use to download the install media?

Thanks,
Chris

I don't understand what you mean? It doesn't download in the first place because it says 'Pending prerequisites', let alone install! And I downloaded it from Free Student Downloads | PTC by going through that whole process to claim a copy of Creo! I have the setup file, which when i open and put in the student serial number, starts the download for some of the creo files (there is a list of a few) but more then half don't ever start downloading and they just say 'Pending prerequisites' next to the file and the green bar does not go up!

FIX: Okay I found out the problem as i noticed it was not just Creo that wouldn't install. The problem is something to do with a bug on windows 10. A while back i went on to the windows store for the first time after getting windows 10. I noticed there was a large list of programs I had that were in the update list, just stuck on pending! For some reason they would not install because windows update on my computer is bugged since the windows 10 update. For some reason this was then stopping me download anything else to my computer as windows was trying to finish those first, but they were stuck on pending. I found out to fix this I had to go to the task manager and close the files called msi.exe which closes windows update so it stops trying to download those. Again for some odd reason, every time I turn on my computer, windows update opens and tries to update the same files, gets stuck, hence causing all other programs i try to download on my computer not to download. I realised this was the case for Creo as well, closed msi.exe and bobs your uncle the download begun! So if anyone else was in the same predicament, there's is your answer

Dan

Top Tags