cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can't open files

ptc-5194416
1-Newbie

Can't open files

I have downloaded the student creo and the First curriculum. All seemed to load fine. When I go to Select working directory, no files are there to work with. How do I get the practice models into the directory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you are setting your working directory, you will not see any files because the filter in that dialog box is set to only see directories (folders). You will see the files when you select Open.

Setting your working directory and opening a file are two separate operations.

I would suggest that you check out Module 1 of the Advanced Primer for a better understanding of this (and other Creo basics).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-5194416)

There are no "sample" or "default" CAD files installed with Creo. If you would like to open existing CAD files without creating anything, you'll need to download a tutorial or a set of files from the FIRST Kit of Parts.

When you are setting your working directory, you will not see any files because the filter in that dialog box is set to only see directories (folders). You will see the files when you select Open.

Setting your working directory and opening a file are two separate operations.

I would suggest that you check out Module 1 of the Advanced Primer for a better understanding of this (and other Creo basics).

Top Tags