cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Cannot install Creo, Crashing and License Error

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

Cannot install Creo, Crashing and License Error

Hi PTC,

Thanks for supporting us! But we got problem with installation.

Bug report here...M070 cannot install, first thing is when i put

BH400407EDSTUDENTEDK12, error;

BK400407EDSTUDENTEDK12, error;

BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL, error,

BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL, error;

BH400407EDSTUDENTUNICL, error - this one gives me a license email.

and i manually load the license file, successed.

then during installation, most of processing bar just show red, and crashed in 10-15 second,

Thumbnail Viewer installed success

Creo View Express installed success

attach the pim_installmgr.log here

https://goo.gl/4GU66z

attach the traceback.log here

https://goo.gl/JS3VyU

computer: Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 10240, 32GB memory, i7-5960x, install on c:/, setup file in c:/, setup.exe is runned as admin.

Before was fine on this computer, i had creo before, with setup.exe, not the one with school-tab, with the serial number BH400407EDSTUDENTEDK12,-

Please take a look, thanks! It's not just me, our mentor also has the same problem, he's on windows 7, i manually load the license from email in, installation process did not crash.

Gary Chen

FRC Team 4001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gary,

Our apologies for the licensing outage, we are aware of the issue and working to fix it. What you are doing with the license file is correct.

I think that the problem is being caused by an incomplete Creo install image.  As evidenced by the log file that you included, not all parts of the installer are available for extraction during the installation process.  To fix this, simply download the installer again, extract it, and give the installer another try.

If this does not work, please let me know!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gchen-2
7-Bedrock
(To:gchen-2)

last time success install with M070 is September with the latest version i download from website, not quite sure if it's M060 or M070.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:gchen-2)

Gary Chen‌ I moved this topic to the Academic Support‌ channel to make sure it is properly addressed.

gchen-2
7-Bedrock
(To:sm)

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

Our apologies for the licensing outage, we are aware of the issue and working to fix it. What you are doing with the license file is correct.

I think that the problem is being caused by an incomplete Creo install image.  As evidenced by the log file that you included, not all parts of the installer are available for extraction during the installation process.  To fix this, simply download the installer again, extract it, and give the installer another try.

If this does not work, please let me know!

i tried to redownload, but download link gives me 404 error(it might be my side problem). luckly i found the zip i used earlier this year, also M070, and this one works, tho i need to drag the license manually in. Thanks! We Are Alived Again!

Top Tags