cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cannot install Mathcad Prime 8 on windows 11 PC

MC_10260959
2-Guest

Cannot install Mathcad Prime 8 on windows 11 PC

I cannot install Mathcad prime 8 on my windows 11 lapop.
It appears not to run the installation setup file. I did a clean windows installation for my laptop and when I tried to install it... nothing starts to load.
Please, do sometrhing.... anybody...
When I entered in propreties of the file, it looked like it`s not compatible with windows 10 and 11, only with Windows 8, 7, vista and xp...
I cannot install it and I need it for my university projects.
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MC_10260959 wrote:
It appears not to run the installation setup file. I did a clean windows installation for my laptop and when I tried to install it... nothing starts to load.
When I entered in propreties of the file, it looked like it`s not compatible with windows 10 and 11, only with Windows 8, 7, vista and xp...
Thank you!

Hi,

in https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Running-Mathcad-with-Windows-11/td-p/748123 discussion I found this info:

Next release in March this year - Mathcad Prime 8.0 is certified to run on the newest Windows operating system, Windows 11 (version 21H2).

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@MC_10260959 wrote:
Thank you!

Hi,

in https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Running-Mathcad-with-Windows-11/td-p/748123 discussion I found this info:

Next release in March this year - Mathcad Prime 8.0 is certified to run on the newest Windows operating system, Windows 11 (version 21H2).

Martin Hanák

Mybe I`ll have to wait until march 2023.... don`t know what to do, but thank you anyway

Hi,

my plan for tomorrow ... install Mathcad Prime 8 in Windows 11 virtual machine. I'll let you know ...

Martin Hanák

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" />&lt;!--&lt;br&gt;/* Font Definitions */&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:"Cambria Math";&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:Calibri;&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;/* Style Definitions */&lt;br&gt;p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal&lt;br&gt; {margin:0cm;&lt;br&gt; font-size:11.0pt;&lt;br&gt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}&lt;br&gt;.MsoChpDefault&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-type:export-only;}&lt;br&gt;@page WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;&lt;br&gt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}&lt;br&gt;div.WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {page:WordSection1;}&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

@MC_10260959 wrote:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" />&lt;!--&lt;br&gt;/* Font Definitions */&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:"Cambria Math";&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:Calibri;&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;/* Style Definitions */&lt;br&gt;p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal&lt;br&gt; {margin:0cm;&lt;br&gt; font-size:11.0pt;&lt;br&gt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}&lt;br&gt;.MsoChpDefault&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-type:export-only;}&lt;br&gt;@page WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;&lt;br&gt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}&lt;br&gt;div.WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {page:WordSection1;}&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

What's this ?

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

my plan for tomorrow ... install Mathcad Prime 8 in Windows 11 virtual machine. I'll let you know ...

Hi,

in Windows 11 Pro 21H2 virtual machine installation of Mathcad Prime 8 was successful and Mathcad Prime 8 works well.

This means that the problem is related to your Windows 11 installation. You can try reinstalling, if you want.

From my point of view waiting until march 2023 does not make sense.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

what processor is installed in your laptop? Only Intel/AMD is supported.

Martin Hanák

I have intell i7 9th gen on it... it worked, but now seems to be uncompatible

@MC_10260959 wrote:

I have intell i7 9th gen on it... it worked, but now seems to be uncompatible

Hi,

my suggestion:

• download zip installer file once again
  • unzip downloaded file into C:\ptcinstall directory
  • launch C:\ptcinstall\setup.exe

Martin Hanák

nope... same problem. Setup.exe doesn`t run...

Nothing.... but thank you anyway

Top Tags