cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Change constraints?

ptc-4700713
1-Newbie

Change constraints?

After a piece is constrained and the green checkmark has been checked, is there a way to change that?

Jill Mobley

Team 5896

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4700713)

Jill,

If you chose "Edit Definition" from the model tree or RMB for the given component, you can activate the "Placement" tab in the ribbon to show all the constraints and their status. You can update or remove individual constraints or the whole constraint set.

placement.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Jill,

If you chose "Edit Definition" from the model tree or RMB for the given component, you can activate the "Placement" tab in the ribbon to show all the constraints and their status. You can update or remove individual constraints or the whole constraint set.

placement.png

ptc-4700713
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thank you Scott. I am sure I will have many more noob questions.

Jill

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

No problem. Be sure to check out some of the Robotalk webcast videos on the Video tab. We recorded all the sessions this year and the first 3 are all about Creo basics. Don't hesitate to ask questions though. No such thing as a bad question.

ptc-4700713
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott, I do not see "edit definition", but I do see "edit parameter" which does not seem to help. The piece I am concerned with is clear while the others are grayed.

Jill

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

You should be able to pick Edit Definition from the Right Mouse Button (RMB) meun in the model tree or on the component itself. Make sure the window you are looking at is the active window (Ctrl-A) and you are not actively placing a component or making/changing a feature. This option is only available when the current operation has been completed.

edit_definition.png

Top Tags