cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Checking In Unmodified Objects To Windchill

FTC_8521
1-Newbie

Checking In Unmodified Objects To Windchill

Sometimes we check out things to the workspace and then end up not modifying them at all. Is there any way to have windchill still check them in instead of preventing unmodified objects from going to the server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this, but I usually just undo check out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this, but I usually just undo check out.

Thank you very much! We are quite new to this and did not know what that button did. Once again, thank you!!

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:FTC_8521)

Hey there Hooligans! Nice to see you on the community!

A couple additional tips...

1. It is not necessary to "Check-Out" until you are actually making the modification.

2. You can select "Continue" when it asks. It will allow you to modify the part locally, but not check out. When you want to check it in, you will have to "Check Out", but leave the box marked "Reuse Geometry" checked. (This will be a good topic for robotalk if you still have questions).

3. Play with the column display in your workspace. You should always be aware of what is modified locally and what is out of date (Another good robotalk discussion)

FTC_8521
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Thank you very much! You let us in on some very important skills! We really appreciate it!

Top Tags