cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 2.0 Installation issue

saya-2
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Installation issue

Hi, I am a college student and I'm trying to install and run Creo 2.0 on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.3) using Wine. I was able to open the setup.exe, input the License code given in the guide on the Simple License Entry slot, and Login with my credentials, but I get an error message that reads "Please provide mandatory values". What can I do to solve his issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

Our Creo and Mathcad products are only supported on Windows platforms. Because both tools are typically used by engineers, there currently isn’t enough demand to support the MAC operating system.

While this means that you will not be able to install directly on your machine it may be possible that you can run a dual boot with Windows (example: using bootcamp) or Windows in a virtual session (example: using Parallels) and then run the application.

Regards,

Abdul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi ,

Our Creo and Mathcad products are only supported on Windows platforms. Because both tools are typically used by engineers, there currently isn’t enough demand to support the MAC operating system.

While this means that you will not be able to install directly on your machine it may be possible that you can run a dual boot with Windows (example: using bootcamp) or Windows in a virtual session (example: using Parallels) and then run the application.

Regards,

Abdul

Dear AabdulKarim,

while I do understand that you can not fully support other platforms then Windows currently because of the comparatively small volume of potential customers, this is changing.

Also creo had a linux version before.. I hope not too much of platform portability was thrown out in the mean time.

That said, wine has evolved a lot. Educated guess is 99.9% of creo is fully functional and it would only need little effort by PTC devs to make it work reasonably well.

Top Tags