cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2.0 M110 Installs on Windows 8.1 but exe files are missing

omerryman
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 M110 Installs on Windows 8.1 but exe files are missing

We installed MED-100WIN-CD-390_M110_Win32-64 on a Windows 8.1 laptop ultrabook (ideapad, corei5 processor). Installation seemed to go perfectly well and said that Parametric and Direct both installed successfully. However, there is no exe file for either found on the computer when done. Searching the harddrive, it seems that the files are there in:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\

however, there is no exe file.

We tried installing it multiple times, same result. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:omerryman)

Hi Olivia,

Usually when this happens it's because of some kind of "real time protection" provided by an anti-virus or anti-malware. My recommendation would be ensure that all security software is turned off, then re-download the installer and try the install again.

If the problem persists, please submit a support request here:

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:omerryman)

Hi Olivia,

Usually when this happens it's because of some kind of "real time protection" provided by an anti-virus or anti-malware. My recommendation would be ensure that all security software is turned off, then re-download the installer and try the install again.

If the problem persists, please submit a support request here:

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

the entire 5 hour download or just uninstall and then unzip the download again..?

I guess my internet connection is slow, but that is also a large file..

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6511874)

You can just unzip the download and try again after you uninstall.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Top Tags