cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 M200 Quality Agent Error - Workaround

ChrisCarr
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 M200 Quality Agent Error - Workaround

There is a known issue with the Quality Agent in Creo 2.0 M200. This has been reported to the PTC R&D team, and they are working hard on finding a solution. In the meantime, the academic download page has been rolled back to M170 in an effort to get around the error.

If you are having an issue with the M200 version of Creo 2.0, I would recommend uninstalling and then installing the M170 version found here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp

Thanks,
Chris

10 REPLIES 10

Chris,

I've downloaded and installed the M170 install package and am still receiving the quality agent error I was receiving with the M200 build. Is there anyway you can assist further with this issue?

Hi Chris, I'm also getting the same quality agent error in the M170 build. I uninstalled everything prior to installing the M170 build.

This didn't fix the issue for me either. I remember having the same problem in Windows 8 but having fixed it. Nothing I try seems to work in Windows 10 though.

It appears that the M170 build still wasn't fixing the issue for some users, so we've rolled the download page back even further, to M130. If you're still experiencing an error, please try downloading and installing M130 to see if that fixes your issue.

We apologize for the problems this is causing everyone and we're working on having a permanent solution available soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, M130 seems to be working, thanks.

The difference during M130 installation was that this was the only installation that included the Quality Agent in the setup. That could be why.

Hello Chris,

Would you have a link for the M130 please? In the thick of my dissertation and urgently require the use of this software outside of uni, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Dylan,

The link to the download page is in the first post in this thread.

Thanks,
Chris

Hello Chris,

Got it working with that link! Thanks very much, can hopefully get back on track now.

Is this problem solved?

SOLVED:

I had this same issue even with M130.

I found a solution that fixed it for me. I've been on many forms and nothing worked, and it seemed like most of the forms did not actually provide a solution or were unanswered. It seems like many people were having the same problem over different versions and builds of Creo, over the last few years. I got Creo 2.0 M130 to work on my Windows 10 computer. I was getting the error message "Creo Parametric is shutting down because it could not run the Quality Agent, which is required in this edition. If you call Technical Support about this problem, report error 0x0000000b." I've also gotten variations of this error message before, usually with a different error code.

The only thing that fixed it for me was allowing "Creo 2.0 from PTC" through the windows firewall. Here's how I did it:

1. Close out of all PTC applications.

2. Type "Windows Firewall" into the windows start menu, or open Windows Firewall through the control panel.

3. Click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" on the left-hand side

firewall.PNG

4. Click "Change settings", and scroll down and check the box next to the name "Creo 2.0 from PTC".

5. Also make sure to check the appropriate box on the right side of the line to allow access to private and/or public networks.

enable.PNG

6. Hit Okay, and attempt to start Creo Parametric.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Top Tags