cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 2 M070workspace not loading

JoshH
3-Visitor

Creo 2 M070workspace not loading

Hi guys,

I'm stumped. I was working with the Team 1671 this evening and they had two machines that would not bring up a Windchill workspace in the internal Creo browser. One was a Windows 8 machine with IE 11, so we switched it to the Mozilla browser, but had no luck.

The other was a Mac running Windows 7 with IE 10 or 11, so we switched it to Mozillla and still had no luck.

We also tried the "web_browser_in_separate_window", but that didn't work either.

I opened up Creo 2 M010 on my personal PC and it had no problem with the Workspace, but it did show a website certificate expired.

Any ideas?

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Josh,

I can confirm it is the browser. The first thing I would do is uninstall IE 11..0 and give it a try, you may even want to stick with the Mozilla option. Here is what I know:

1. I have seen some users be able to get around this by changing to the Mozilla browser but others have had to uninstall IE11.0.
  2. I have seen some users be able to use IE 10.0 but others have had to go back to 9.0.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AdamHaas
1-Newbie

Josh,

I can confirm it is the browser. The first thing I would do is uninstall IE 11..0 and give it a try, you may even want to stick with the Mozilla option. Here is what I know:

1. I have seen some users be able to get around this by changing to the Mozilla browser but others have had to uninstall IE11.0.
  2. I have seen some users be able to use IE 10.0 but others have had to go back to 9.0.
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:AdamHaas)

Thanks Adam! Sounds like I was on the right track.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

PTC will be busy over the holidays preparing and validating our test server with the latest version of Windchill. Once we have a green light from the IT team, we'll be updating the production server some time in January. We know its risky to push the update in January, but its the only way we can give teams a system that is fully supported on Windows 8 and IE 10 (sorry, still no IE 11).

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:sm)

Thanks for the warning Scott.

I wish I could properly express my disappoint with this news, but this is a public forum.

PLEASE give the teams ample warning with regards to any updates. Those three weeks in January are absolutely critical to the CAD teams.

anabors
1-Newbie

So Creo M070 on Windows 8.1 is not supported at all? IE 11 is the oldest version that you can get with Windows 8.1, and IE 10 with Windows 8. Adam, when you referred to uninstalling IE 11 did you mean completely so there is no version of IE installed on the computer? We are going to have some kids with brand new computers over the past couple of months that are running 8.1....

Thanks for everyone's help!

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:anabors)

Yes, these are all software configurations that have never existed at the same time. That is why we are pushing hard to upgrade the server to the latest release of Windchill. The current server software is over a year old and has never seen Windows 8 or 8.1 along with IE 10 or 11. Using the config.pro option for mozilla is the only alternative and we've already seen it not work as expected with machines that have already been upgraded to IE 10 or 11.

We truly understand the challenges this creates for everyone and we're doing all we can to correct it. Hopefully we'll have good news after the holidays.

In the mean time, if you have a Win8 or 8.1 machine with IE 10 or 11, you may want to stay away from Windchill while working with Creo unless you can validate your configuration is working properly. Hopefully you still have access to a Win7 machine with IE 9 if you want to keep Creo connected with Windchill.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Can users attach their Creo session to a workspace?

Can users open files from within Creo that are in a workspace or Commonspace?

Can users select a file that is in their workspace from the file open requester?

Can users check in/upload and check out/download files using a browser external to Creo?

Put another way - are users able to use Creo linked to a workspace even though they can't perform workspace functions inside the Creo window using the internal browser?

The puzzling thing about this situation is the thought** that a browser feature WC depends on is no longer available in the latest browser. Normally feature support increases with time, though deprecations are expected and usually announced in advance.

I do recall the entire point of a browser was to be OS, hardware, and website agnostic, but that doesn't seem to have happened. It's too bad the DOJ did not force MS to decouple the entire IE stack from Windows when they had the chance.

Best of luck on upgrading the server. There are a lot of people who could make use of it.

**Just a thought - I'm not certain why WC would not work with a newer browser. It could be a deprecated function, or the server is looking at the Browser ID and fails the interaction on that alone, or some even more sophisticated reason. Browser ID could also explain why using other browsers fails; they may be set to send a fake IE ID, which is also declined.

Top Tags