cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 3.0 Student Edition - Error Message stating incompatibility of Creo Parametric and Creo Direct Student Edition?

wtan-2
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 Student Edition - Error Message stating incompatibility of Creo Parametric and Creo Direct Student Edition?

When I wanted to create a new part in Creo 3.0 student edition, there was an error message which says:

“The file C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M110\Common Files\templates\direct_part_solid_inlbs_rel.prt was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the version of Creo Direct Student Edition (for educational use only) you are running.”

How do I resolve this?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Good day -

Moving this to the Academic Community to give it the right exposure.

Hi,

create empty part.

MH

Martin Hanák
rundmc
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

What do you mean? by "Create an Empty part"?

@rundmc wrote:

What do you mean? by "Create an Empty part"?

Hi,

• File > New > Part
  • uncheck Use default template option
  • click OK
  • select Empty item
  • click OK

Martin Hanák
rundmc
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hey, I tried that and still received the same error that the file "print3d_certified.conf" was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the version of Creo Parametric Student Edition. I have never used the commericial version of Creo. 

@rundmc wrote:

Hey, I tried that and still received the same error that the file "print3d_certified.conf" was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the version of Creo Parametric Student Edition. I have never used the commericial version of Creo. 

Hi,

Email your request to academicsupport@ptc.com
-OR-
enter your request on http://support.ptc.com/appserver/support/academic_case_logger/academic_case_logger.jsp

Martin Hanák
rundmc
4-Participant
(To:wtan-2)

Was this ever resolved?

Top Tags