cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 3.0 student edition license expired how to re-license?

clee-4
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 student edition license expired how to re-license?

Hello all gurus

My one year student edition license for creo-3 had just expired, does anyone knows how to re-license/renew it? e.g. get a new product code etc?

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stacy,

That's fine, it should work that way as well. Just for your reference, here's the relicensing guide for Creo 3.0:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/relicense_creo3_schools_standard.pdf

Thanks,
Chris

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
sannis
1-Newbie
(To:clee-4)

I am having the same problem.  Can't find anything anywhere.  Have you learned anything new?

I hate to think I'd have to remove the entire installation and start over. 

I saw "re-licensing" guide for Creo 2.0.  But, I don't think that will work since the product codes would not match.

I expect most FIRST FRC Robotics Teams have either experienced this or will soon (like me).

Does anyone know?

Hi Chao,

Are you a K12 (Schools) or University student?

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for responding.  I am a mentor for a FIRST Robotics Team (High School).  Honestly, I figured this out a few days ago and failed to post what I found.  I actually just went ahead like I was doing a completely fresh install.  When the installation manager interface came up, it recognized that I already had Creo 3.0 and did not bother to re-load that stuff (I did go ahead and add the Mathcad stuff that was offered this year).

Suffice to say, I was disappointed that a process didn't exist for people who were renewing their license (or, if it does exist, it wasn't easier to find).  Regardless, it all worked out and I'm working just fine now. 

Stacy,

Glad to hear it worked out. There is a relicensing guide available that makes the process easier than uninstalling and reinstalling. A search through the community should show it.

Thanks,
Chris

Just to be clear, I did not uninstall and reinstall.  I was very opposed to uninstalling.  I simply downloaded the new version without removing the old.  Then, when I went to the installation manager which listed the components of the download, it showed the existing Creo installation and indicated it would not reinstall those components. 

If there were re-licensing guides available, they were not easily located.  If I didn't to it correctly, at least I am currently able to work and create models.  

Stacy,

That's fine, it should work that way as well. Just for your reference, here's the relicensing guide for Creo 3.0:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/relicense_creo3_schools_standard.pdf

Thanks,
Chris

Hello

I tried this re-licensing guide (the pdf file) but it say "Invalid product code".

Is there a new code that we should use?

BR

David

Hello again.

I got it working with this pdf file: http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo3_unistudent_standard.pdf

So all working right now.

BR

David

YashYadav
4-Participant
(To:ChrisCarr)

I did followed those steps given int he Relicensing guide...

But after I logged in, I end up with an ERROR status.

Also, When I am on active Internet connection, PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 M060 works perfectly, just asking some firewall access and I allow it.

But when I disconnect the Internet it shows a dialog box stating that my Schools License has expired!

Regards

Yash Yadav

PTC_License Error.JPG

Hi,

in Parametric\bin sub-directory of Creo installation you will find parametric.psf file. In this file there is a line beginning with ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=. The line contains path to licence file. In license file you will find PTC_HOSTID= keyword. It tells you MAC addres of network card. This network card must be Connected, when you launch Creo. If it is Disconnected then Creo does not recognize network card properly and will not run.

Martin Hanák
sriganeshkumar
5-Regular Member

i am downloading creo 4.0 student edition till when the license would be valid? 

Hi,

student license is valid for 1 year from date when it was acquired.

Martin Hanák

como posso renovar

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ismar)

Hi,

accepted solution for this discussion contains link to PDF file. Please read it and use it.

Martin Hanák

I'm following the re-licensing PDF guide.  However, I'm missing the folder M### in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 3.0\M110\Parametric\bin.  Any advice?  Does it being Program Files (x86) instead of just Program Files make a difference?  Also, I searched for the reconfigure.exe file throughout the PTC folder but it wasn't found.

I saw another post of a similar situation as mine that an uninstall/reinstall may be the best solution if I have the still have the installation media, it that still the recommended procedure?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

1.)

M### is equal to M110 (in your installation)

2.)

Program Files (x86) folder is used by default for 32-bit Creo version

Program Files folder is used by default for 64-bit Creo version

3.)

reconfigure.exe file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 3.0\M110\Parametric\bin directory by default

4.)

In case that your license expired, you can uninstall/reinstall Creo.

Before you start installation, you have to remove expired license file from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. This directory is hidden by default - you have to enter the complete path into Windows Explorer address field to see its contents.

Martin Hanák
Ismar
1-Newbie

Top Tags