cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 4.0 Academic Free Editions is available NOW

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot

Creo 4.0 Academic Free Editions is available NOW

The new Creo 4.0 is now available for Students and K12 schools. It has lots of improvements and it's really cool.

Here are a few of the new features in Creo 4.0 (please note that some of them are not available for Student edition):

Please note that Creo 4.0 will only run on 64 Bit Windows. Find the minimal requirements here.

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

when K12 student launches setup-schools.exe to install Creo 4.0, then he will receive license file containing Creo 3.0 licenses.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I'm really sorry for this issue... I'm in the process of getting the schools-setup.exe fixed.

Untill than, I've changed the installation instruction for Creo 4.0 Schools Standard Edition online and it is now instructing users to run setup.exe and use the product code (also included in the document).

So if you don't mind please uninstall and reinstall using the new installation instruction available on https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software/creo-download

Thanks,

Alex

Respected sir, 

help me how to download crack file of ptc creo. because my crack file is deleted

Thanku

But sir i have run this software life time. this  product code help for a long time.

Hi,

setup.exe with Product Code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12 works well.

Thanks for quick correction.

Martin Hanák

You're recommendation for the "schools install" problem of sending a CREO 3.0 license file instead of a CREO 4.0 license file by using "Setup" and the original license number sent when I installed CREO 4.0 Premium on my computer.   We tried this route as a work around for the "schools install" issue for Academic Premium version and it didn't work.  The "setup" asks for a userid and password and when I type in my userid and password and it fails since I have my own installation of Academic Premium on my computer.  I presume it thinks I'm trying to load my installation onto another machine (which I essentially am).    Need some help here.   I'd like to get the students using CREO.   If you don't think it's going to be fixed anytime soon, please just suggest going back to CREO 3.0.

Hi,

I guess that every person who wants to use Academic Premium version must request a Academic Premium license via PTC web. I expect that single Product Code cannot be re-used. Also I think C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory must be empty during installation.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

For Creo 4.0 the setup-schools.exe is not working. It was not updated and it generates indeed a license for Creo 3.0.

Please use the correct instruction for Creo 4.0 Schools Standard:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo4_schools_standard.pdf

Thanks,

Alex

Hello. Long term schools user here since WF3. We've been running Creo 3.0 and now looking to upgrade to Creo 4.0. I've just installed on a trial machine and rendering appears to have been removed from the Schools standard edition. Which version of the license do we need? Is it via the K12 Educators page yet again? Regards James

Hi James,

Creo 4.0 Schools Standard doesn't have the Rendering Studio, but now any Creo 4.0 has imbeded a View mode to show the product in the environment:

Render.jpg

All you need to do is go to View tab, choose the Scene and activate Perspective View, in the Shading with reflections mode.

Creo 4.0 Schools Premium Standalone/Lab will have Rendering Studio available!

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks - the mode you describe isn't really up to the standard I need. I have applied for Schools Premium Standalone licenses. Are they being provided yet? Regards, James.

Hi James,

We started sending the Creo 4.0 Schools Premium Standalone and Lab codes, but there are many requests, so it may take a while untill we get all the requests solved 🙂

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex, Just got my Schools Premium codes and updated the license... alas no rendering available! Still telling me Advanced_Rendering_III not ordered. Any clues. Regards, James

Hi James,

We are working on including the Rendering Studio in K12 Premium licenses. It seems that my coleagues didn't finish the process, but I've send you a PM and we'll get this fixed 🙂

Thanks,
Alex

Hello,

I just want to let you all know that starting from today all the Creo 4.0 Schools Premium/Lab licenses will have access to the Rendering Studio. 

Please note that the licenses genreated before this date will not update, so if you need access to this please send me a private message and I'll update your license.

Thanks,

Alex

Sir, 

help me how to download ptc patchfile.

Thanks

We have Creo 4.0 Academic installed using a license server.  Photo Render asks for a license. Could you please send a license for this?

Thank you.

Patsy O'Connell

Hello all,

As the new Render Studio is a new extension in Creo 4.0 (no longer the old Rendering tool) you will not find a tab called Render in your Creo 4.0. You will need to access the brend new Render Studio (powered by Luxion Keyshot) from the Applications Tab:

Rendering.jpg

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

I want to point that only Creo 4.0 Schools Premium licenses (Standalone and Lab) got the Rendering Studio!

For Creo 4.0 Student edition or Creo 4.0 Schools Standard edition please use the View tab, as Explained a few posts ago.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags