cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 4.0 - License request failed for feature

jwaniewski
1-Newbie

Creo 4.0 - License request failed for feature

Hi,

When downloading Creo 4.0 and booting up Creo Parametric, I could not use it as message popped up stating "License request failed for feature". This seems to be a recurring issue, but

not in Creo 4.0. Thanks for the help anyways. (By the way, this is the student edition).

creo_problems.JPG

42 REPLIES 42

Hi,

PTC did not release Product Code for Creo 4.0 -OR- did not update license generator to provide Creo 4.0 licenses.

Maybe Abdul Abdulkarim can comment current situation .

MH

Martin Hanák

sir 

my application show this error

i am using student editionScreenshot (1).png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:joshi)

Hi,

please enlarge Warning Message List window to show us complete error message.

Martin Hanák

I'm having the same issue, I tried some of the solutions you suggested but none seem to work. Don't know if it has todo with the fact that I'm on Creo 5.0. Here's a Screen Shot of the license window that pops when trying to open Creo Parametric

I already pasted the License file sent to my email in the DVD file before installing with setup.exe

Don't know if thats exactly how its supposed to be done but I've already uninstalled and installed around 4 times and the same window pops in every Creo program I try to open.

Please help

creo 4.0 license request failed for feature

Hi,

you can find appropriate Product codes in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Questions/Student-Expired-license/m-p/482173 discussion.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

for Creo 4.0, when i tried to install the license with BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL and logged in with my account and password, it showed error instead of "success".  have tried all the methods including delete all folds, but it did't work.

Waiting for your help.Smiley Wink Thanks

Hi,

did you receive email containing license file ?

Answer=YES:

---

• save license file to disk
  • launch setup.exe
  • do not enter Product code
  • enter path to license file into Source field

Answer=NO:

---

I do not have any advice.

Martin Hanák

I attempted to do what you suggested with the emailed license file however that did not work. Tried the other methods you suggested however those did not work either. Hoping you can help

Nevermind for some reason enabling/ adding on the diagnostic reporting option to my the programs fixed the problem.

Evin247
3-Visitor
(To:Graphic)

Can describe the steps you took to "enabling/ adding on the diagnostic report" was to get the program to work?

I'm having the same issue and failing to find a solution.

Thanks,

Evin.

Evin247
3-Visitor
(To:Evin247)

Never mind, I figured it out. 

It was because I was I chose the "setup-schools.exe" to install. I uninstalled it but chose the "setup.exe" file in the unzipped folder.

in the installation setup process theres a box you can check to enable it not sure where exactly as I did this a few months ago but it shouldn't be hard to find

this worked for me as well. makes no sense that enabling the diag would have this effect, but I'm so glad i found this post cause now Creo 3.0 works for me. 

creo license trick.png

I used the original license code and that failed I then deleted that code and added the path to the codes in my email and it says sucess next to it but I still get the error msg any advice?

Hi,

please attach picture showing error messages. Probably you will have to edit parametric.psf file manually to replace invalid information written in it by the right one.

Martin Hanák

Hello sir, please i can not use this licence : BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL. it doesnt work on mine.

@leprotht357 wrote:

Hello sir, please i can not use this licence : BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL. it doesnt work on mine.

Hi,

please do not use old discussions to report your current problem. Instead of it open new discussion. Also please provide detailed description of the problem (attach pictures, too). If you ask question "It does not work ..." then nobody can help you.

Martin Hanák

Good evening,

I downloaded Creo 5.0 and run the installation.
(Installed it first using the setup-trial, didn't work, so I uninstalled and installed again using setup.exe).

Like other people has experienced, once I open the Creo Parametric software, I get this error message about the license and everything closes.

Tried the re-installation.
And tried also to redirect, when installing, to the license that I have recived via email.

Didn't solve the problem.

Find attached the error message.
(Starting a postgraduate on product design soon and want to learn the basics before lessons begin).

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Miuqs)

Hi,

please show me the contents of C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory, see example below

directory.png

Martin Hanák

There's only one archive in the folder.
I understand it's the license.

BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Miuqs)

@Miuqs wrote:

There's only one archive in the folder.
I understand it's the license.

BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

Hi,

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory must be empty.

Uninstall Creo 5.0 again and follow instructions written in http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document

Martin Hanák

Looks like it's working.

Thanks a lot for your time!
Really appreciate it.

It works !!!!! Thank you so much.

Hello,

I tried about 10 times to install Creo 5.0 following the istructions of the document but I can't. For the firts buch un times i got the same error as Miuqs while trying to open the software (the problem with the lincense), but now after opening the setup.exe, when I try to Paste the License I get an error saying "error in license processing". 

What should i do? Thanks 

@Brucco wrote:

Hello,

I tried about 10 times to install Creo 5.0 following the istructions of the document but I can't. For the firts buch un times i got the same error as Miuqs while trying to open the software (the problem with the lincense), but now after opening the setup.exe, when I try to Paste the License I get an error saying "error in license processing". 

What should i do? Thanks 

Hi,

you are saying "when I try to Paste the License I get ...". This probably means that you have a file containing a license. "error in license processing" probably means that the file does not contains valid license. If you upload license file, I can check its contents.

Martin Hanák

@Brucco wrote:

I'm using the one given here http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf point 4.

Hi,

point 4 informs about product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12. This is not license file ... please describe your problem better.

Martin Hanák

When I try to paste the code in the box shown by the guide I get the error that I mentioned before.

I can add pictures taken from the pc but they are in italian Language. Is it a problem?

Top Tags