cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 6 student version install issues.

MH_10051976
3-Visitor

Creo 6 student version install issues.

Upon first installing Creo 6 I missed the Licensing step. *A code was provided to me*. I started the install of the program and the computer froze and crashed half way through. (Firewall was not deactivated for this step). I tried to resume the install but after I proceeded past the licensing step, the application would close and nothing happened after. 

I then deleted the files that I saw were installed and deleted the zip files to start over. I installed the licensing using the code provided. Once I hit next to proceed to installing, the setup program will repeatedly close after hitting next. The firewall was deactivated during this attempt. 

If its anti-virus software, I'm using McAfee. How do I completely disable the app?

PS: I did not use setup-school, I used setup.exe. The zip file was extracted before the setup was started. 

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

Have you used this instruction?

Yes, that was the form I followed. May the issue be some possible files still stuck in a hidden folder?

Check the contents of the following folder: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing

There is only one file in that folder, it is the licensing I downloaded
after the initial install crash.

What is all the software required to run the program? I ran the installer using the reconfigure existing software option and was able to download the 'distributed services manager', and the 'render studio'. Is this all that I need?

Here you can find Creo 6.0 package (Win 64 DVD (3.953 GB) and HelpCenter (1.709 GB)): https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp

"Creo 6.0 Hardware Notes": (and in attachment too): https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Creo_Parametric/6.0/creo6_hardware_notes 

Try the following:

1. Make a backup copy of your license file.

2. Delete the entire "Licensing" folder.

3. Reinstall the program.

Top Tags