cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 7 stops responding

Kappy
4-Participant

Creo 7 stops responding

I recently installed the creo student version and when I started using it after just drawing 1/2 curves and making a basic solid the programs goes into not responding mode. it resumes after a min or two and then again goes in to not responding once I click just 1 feature to edit.

My system deets are - 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specifications

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎11-‎04-‎2021
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Kappy)

@Kappy wrote:

I recently installed the creo student version and when I started using it after just drawing 1/2 curves and making a basic solid the programs goes into not responding mode. it resumes after a min or two and then again goes in to not responding once I click just 1 feature to edit.

My system deets are - 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specifications

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎11-‎04-‎2021
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Hi,

start Task Manager and check whether some application is running hight during Creo "no reponse" period. Also  check disk activity.

Martin Hanák
Kappy
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

The task manager has no other processes running when creo is running except for the brave browser and combining both of them the RAM usage barely hits 6 GB out of 16 GB. Plus I have disabled all the startup process that might hinder the ram usage. The CPU usage also hits around 5% when creo goes in not responding mode.

PS. If you are wondering that my C: drive is full then it's not I have 30 GB of free space.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Kappy)

@Kappy wrote:

The task manager has no other processes running when creo is running except for the brave browser and combining both of them the RAM usage barely hits 6 GB out of 16 GB. Plus I have disabled all the startup process that might hinder the ram usage. The CPU usage also hits around 5% when creo goes in not responding mode.

PS. If you are wondering that my C: drive is full then it's not I have 30 GB of free space.

Hi.

my last tip ...

Add following option into config.pro file, start Creo and test its functionality.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák
Kappy
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hey, thanks for the suggestion but the option you suggested still doesn't work for me. 

Top Tags