cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 8.0 Student Edition installation stuck at "Processing"

KH_9403196
2-Guest

Creo 8.0 Student Edition installation stuck at "Processing"

Hello,

I was using PTC Creo 6.x last for the last year and a half at uni but today when I tried to do some work, the licence had expired. I tried to renew it but the process failed. So I uninstalled Creo 6.x and deleted the C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. I then downloaded the PTC Creo 8.0 zip file and went about installing the new version. I am following the instructions in the Quick Installation Guide.

When I get to the point where I enter the supplied product code under Node Locked Licence Generation and select Install Licensing, the installation program gets stuck at Processing... indefinitely.

I have tried backing out of the installation process, rebooting my PC and trying again but get the same result.

Is anyone able to assist?

Regards,

Keir

3 REPLIES 3

I have moved forward one step by disabling my WiFi network adapter's TCP/IPv6 protocol. I now receive a Success! message from the Install Licensing part of the installation process.

However, the installation program now objects to the very licence file that it has created itself. I receive an Invalid file or format Status under Licence Sources and can't proceed further.

If anyone can assist, I'd be most appreciative.

Regards,

Keir

I would really appreciate some support from PTC regarding this problem. Is there a PTC representative on this forum?

Regards,

Keir

I work for a community college and we have several students who are experiencing the exact same behavior. We would also appreciate a response regarding this issue.

Top Tags